Why this is not possible ?

RobertoLopes

Our application requires that every session do a permanent connection to a Socket server, send commands and receive events in response of this command OR receive messages that are not attached to ANY command (events from our communication server). So, it must read the socket permanently.

The usual way to do that is to have one thread for each connection waiting for the messages to arrive. However, on unigui I cannot call ANY component inside the thread (not even a Timer), so, how can I update a visual control on my page when I receive an event from my socket connection ? 

Is there another solution to do this ? 

THanks in advance

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

To able to update the client-side, you have to get an event from the client. In your case, you are making a change in the server-side but you need to get an event to make these changes in the client-side. Timer is creating an event for you. 

35 minutes ago, Hayri ASLAN said:

To able to update the client-side, you have to get an event from the client. In your case, you are making a change in the server-side but you need to get an event to make these changes in the client-side. Timer is creating an event for you. 

Yes but, there is any way to trigger the event only whem it happens instead of having a timer runnig all the time ?