Alternative for MessageDLG

Kattes

I was looking for an alternative for the default message dialog, which gets shipped with uniGUI. Goal was to have something which fits 100% to the design of my pages. I am sure that somebody will now say "Use CSS styles" to achieve what you are looking for. But to be honest digging for the right CSS settings finally would take even more time than my little development and finally is not as flexible.

Below is a screen shot of the message dialog I tailored for my needs. As you can see it also is already adjusted to my native language (German).1096603182_DialogDemo.jpg.0ffe2308dfce50cda8115dbaa0b5ca74.jpg

If you are interesting to get the code for an alternative message dialog, just let me know.

• Like 7

Ok, please find now attached my message dialog solution. For better understanding, I put it into a simple test environment. Finally it can be used very similar to the origin MessageDLG procedure. It supports already various settings, but still can be easily tailored to whatever needs you have.

Any feedback & comments are welcome ;)

P.S.  I just uploaded a new version with new options to change fonts, colors, icons (awesome font) and button content very easily from your application. Its a complete replacement of the existing messagedlg procedure. Just import the unit "uDialog.pas" and replace existing messagedlg calls with messagedlgA.

P.P.S. Happy New Year to everybody of this great community :excl:

uniGUI - MsgDLGDEmo.zip

Edited by Kattes
Updated Version
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 6

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 5:41 AM, devya said:

Nice one, really appreciated.

Can i use in my project ?

Yes, sure - that's it's main purpose!
You can also feel free to make any adaptions / modifications to your need. This is just a little gift from me to the UniGui community without any limitations from my side.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Kattes said:

Yes, sure - that's it's main purpose!
You can also feel free to make any adaptions / modifications to your need. This is just a little gift from me to the UniGui community without any limitations from my side.

Thank you for your contribution!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 05/02/2020 at 13:07, Kattes said:

Não sei se alguém está usando. Se sim, tenho uma versão atualizada que corrige um pequeno bug e agora permite diálogos de mensagens aninhadas.

Boa noite, gostaria de utilizar essa unit, o link anterior esta quebrado, poderia compartilhar novamente, ou se preferir, enviar para meu email: edujgomes@gmail.com

No projeto anterior que tinhamos na empresa, eu criei uma chamada de mensagens personalizadas, evitando usar o showmessage e application.messagebox, pelo que entendi, o colega fez o mesmo, porém para unigui, que estou testando agora e migrando todo o projeto para este novo formato.

Desde já, agradeço.