Windows Service Application

rsanford

I noticed the addition of a "ServiceModule" when using the wizard to create a Windows Service Application project. What's the purpose of this module? Is the Main form, MainModule and ServerModule in a service app implemented the same as in a StandAlone project?

Thanks,

Robert

• Administrators

It is just like the Service module when you create a standard Delphi service application. It is a descendant of TService.

It gives you additional control over service initialization/termination and allows you to set service Name and other service related properties.

I just tried migrating my application to a service. I can compile and install the service and run it, but when I test it in the browser, it gets stuck on loading forever. The application works fine as a standalone application and as an isapi dll.

I used these steps:

I created a new project using the application wizard and saved it to a new folder.

I then moved the project files and the service module file back to my application project folder.

Then I imported the project to the application project group. This makes it use the servermodule, mainmodule and mainform from my existing application in the new service project.

Finally I added each other form, datamodule and unit to the project.

The project was then compiled and did so without any errors. I installed it as administrator and started the service.

• Administrators

I just tried migrating my application to a service. I can compile and install the service and run it, but when I test it in the browser, it gets stuck on loading forever. The application works fine as a standalone application and as an isapi dll.

I used these steps:

I created a new project using the application wizard and saved it to a new folder.

I then moved the project files and the service module file back to my application project folder.

Then I imported the project to the application project group. This makes it use the servermodule, mainmodule and mainform from my existing application in the new service project.

Finally I added each other form, datamodule and unit to the project.

The project was then compiled and did so without any errors. I installed it as administrator and started the service.

Do you see a blue screen or a white blank one in browser?