Hyperserver Stability. How stable it is ?

RobertoLopes

Hello guys. We are a company and we are seriously considering migrate from Intraweb to Unigui. We are already Unigui subscribers and just one thing misses on our decision. Since we have huge systems working on thousands of users, we need to know how stable Unigui's Hyperserver is. We are having some serious issues with Intraweb's stability (leaks and freezing stuff) and the decision will rely on stability.

Can hyperserver support 1000 simultaneous users that will stay connected for 8-10 hours strait on a heavy database oriented application ? stability is critical.

We do not want to run apache or IIS. At least not now.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
On 12/1/2018 at 1:21 AM, RobertoLopes said:

Hello guys. We are a company and we are seriously considering migrate from Intraweb to Unigui. We are already Unigui subscribers and just one thing misses on our decision. Since we have huge systems working on thousands of users, we need to know how stable Unigui's Hyperserver is. We are having some serious issues with Intraweb's stability (leaks and freezing stuff) and the decision will rely on stability.

Can hyperserver support 1000 simultaneous users that will stay connected for 8-10 hours strait on a heavy database oriented application ? stability is critical.

We do not want to run apache or IIS. At least not now.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Roberto,

1000 sessions can be considered as a low load for HyperServer. HyperServer divides your application into several Nodes. Each Node will serve a certain number of sessions. 

We continuously stress test HyperServer with thousands of sessions running for many days. Here, one important detail is to make sure DB backend is scalable with this amount of sessions.

More information here:

http://www.unigui.com/doc/online_help/index.html?hyperserver.htm

• Administrators
On 12/1/2018 at 1:21 AM, RobertoLopes said:

How many concurrent users does your current IW application serve?

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Last report. Turns out we had some issues on our code that was addressed and things are starting to get together. Still some minor issues and some things I honestly do not understand the IW's behavior but. We are working hard.

Still, I want to know some success case working with unigui (not just web pages), we applications that have sessions that last for hours and hours alive.

Do we have some reports on stability on a case like that ?

Hello Roberto,

Short answer :  Yes, you can trust on Unigui. Its designer is called by the community "the magician". 

Long answer :  

To be honest, i have not customers who need 1000 concurrent users. But i would like to speak about its hight stability.

1. Fisrt, Unigui is not designed for web pages only. It's a great framework for web applications.

2. For my own needs, I have developped a licence manager ( unigui isapi application), working 24/24,  7/7  since 2016. Very stable. No need to restart the server (rarely, only for windows update). Only  few users are using it from internet.

2.  I have developped an Unigui application (HyperServer) for a private hospital. The application is working 24/24,  7/7  since march 2018. Also, very stable. 38 users. At this day, never exceed 20 concurrent sessions, as the server is windows 10 (max 20 TCP-IP connexiins, a legacy windows limitation). Soon we will move to windows Server Edition 2016. Firebird 3.0 is  continually solicited, more than 5000 transactions by month and the system is very stable. Big boss is hapy and me too :)

That's all.

3. Oh.... If farshad said you that 1000 concurrents sessions are low load balancing for Unigui today that is because HyperServer FmSoft technology is rock !.  If you see the Unigui 2019 Roadmap, a farm servers is in developpment. Mmm....that promise good surprises !

Best regards.

• Like 2

• Administrators
19 hours ago, RobertoLopes said:

Well. Last report. Turns out we had some issues on our code that was addressed and things are starting to get together. Still some minor issues and some things I honestly do not understand the IW's behavior but. We are working hard.

Still, I want to know some success case working with unigui (not just web pages), we applications that have sessions that last for hours and hours alive.

Do we have some reports on stability on a case like that ?

Below is one uniGUI developer with his application running on HyperServer;

HyperServer itself has remained up for 97 days (and counting...).

Application updates are done using HyperServer remote deployment feature, so you do not need to bring down your server for application updates.

In this case, there have been 141 sessions at most and 16 Nodes.

image.png

image.png

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Abaksoft said:

Hello Roberto,

Short answer :  Yes, you can trust on Unigui. Its designer is called by the community "the magician". 

Who is him? -_-

11 hours ago, Abaksoft said:

Long answer :  

To be honest, i have not customers who need 1000 concurrent users. But i would like to speak about its hight stability.

1. Fisrt, Unigui is not designed for web pages only. It's a great framework for web applications.

2. For my own needs, I have developped a licence manager ( unigui isapi application), working 24/24,  7/7  since 2016. Very stable. No need to restart the server (rarely, only for windows update). Only  few users are using it from internet.

2.  I have developped an Unigui application (HyperServer) for a private hospital. The application is working 24/24,  7/7  since march 2018. Also, very stable. 38 users. At this day, never exceed 20 concurrent sessions, as the server is windows 10 (max 20 TCP-IP connexiins, a legacy windows limitation). Soon we will move to windows Server Edition 2016. Firebird 3.0 is  continually solicited, more than 5000 transactions by month and the system is very stable. Big boss is hapy and me too :)

That's all.

3. Oh.... If farshad said you that 1000 concurrents sessions are low load balancing for Unigui today that is because HyperServer FmSoft technology is rock !.  If you see the Unigui 2019 Roadmap, a farm servers is in developpment. Mmm....that promise good surprises !

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Yes, we will add server farm capability as planned in our road map!

Yes, we are subscriber but. We also are a running business with over 20.000 users across the country. We have spent over 2 years converting our client-server application to web application and we simply have no space for errors from now.

I'm facing , as a business man, a strategic decision right now. That's why I need the all the information I can get.

We have a really BIG system. Converting it to Unigui will demand time, resources and a lot of money. I cannot make the wrong decision.  

Let's think...

On 12/13/2018 at 1:29 PM, Freeman35 said:

I'm try to say, best way is try your self, and see result. I mean, try just one form, and complicated one. and clone database. Do this with unigui, then test with unigui's stress test tool. and see result.

Sorry for english not my language.

What's your language ? I'm from Brazil by the way.

Hi all,

I am a Unigui developer a few years ago, and I have deployed applications such as services and IIS.
I recently updated it to HyperServer, and I am pleasantly surprised not only by the easy deployment, performance, and hot update my applications, without my users even feel 

• Administrators
On 12/22/2018 at 4:28 AM, adan200 said:

Hi all,

I am a Unigui developer a few years ago, and I have deployed applications such as services and IIS.
I recently updated it to HyperServer, and I am pleasantly surprised not only by the easy deployment, performance, and hot update my applications, without my users even feel 

Thanks for feedback.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, adan200 said:

Hi all,

Great to know. THanks for your information.

On 12/24/2018 at 6:16 AM, Farshad Mohajeri said:

Thanks for feedback.

Mr. Farshad. One little question. Unigui is based on Indy sockets or have it's own socket technology ?