Hyperserver Stability. How stable it is ?

RobertoLopes

• 2 weeks later...

Roberto, I have not stress tested Hyper Server yet but I can vouch for the easy deployment and update functionality. If you don't have any database structural updates but only the application...it is an absolute breeze! 

BTW UniGUI is rock solid even without Hyper Server.

Switching to UniGUI will obviously be a time consuming effort and an important business decision seeing that you have just "re-written" the VCL app into web app ...but it would be worth the effort in my opinion. Plus you get a lot of extras with UniGUI ;)

P.S. one can stuff up even the best frameworks with bad design and coding!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GerhardV said:

Roberto, I have not stress tested Hyper Server yet but I can vouch for the easy deployment and update functionality. If you don't have any database structural updates but only the application...it is an absolute breeze! 

BTW UniGUI is rock solid even without Hyper Server.

Switching to UniGUI will obviously be a time consuming effort and an important business decision seeing that you have just "re-written" the VCL app into web app ...but it would be worth the effort in my opinion. Plus you get a lot of extras with UniGUI ;)

P.S. one can stuff up even the best frameworks with bad design and coding!

Thanks for your answer. That's my huge concern. we have something very unusual in web applications. I'll give you examples:

1) Yes, we are database driven. We make EXTENSIVE use of DB related controls, queries, reports and more. We are using DevArt UniDAC components with great success for years

2) We have socket connections between each session and our CTI (computer telephony integration server) that needs to connect and stay connected during the entire lifetime of the session that can last for 8-10 hours straight.

3) We use webRTC technology so we have internet voice/video/desktop sharing and a lot of other stuff running on the sessions.

I have explained that just so you guys can see that the business is Huge and with that the decision is also huge.

• 2 weeks later...