Unique identifier in client browser/machine

Chema

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, Sherzod said:

*machine - You can try to use:

UniSession.RemoteIP

Your answer makes me think that there is no machine-specific attribute in UniGUI that you can use (for mobile clients e.g. IMEI).

Can you tell me a way to create such a unique attribute on the server side and store it on the client so that it can be used session-independently?

Device fingerprint.

Edited by neo4a
add a link.

I asked this question via a support ticket years ago with no response even after further prompting.

Todate, as a very crude and not ideal work around, I use "User Access Credentials" stored on my back end DB Server with corresponding encrypted tokens stored as local client Cookies.

Yes, I know Cookies can be blown away or disabled.

I would love a real solution "Ext.device.Device.uuid"

20 hours ago, neo4a said:

Your answer makes me think that there is no machine-specific attribute in UniGUI that you can use (for mobile clients e.g. IMEI).

5 hours ago, andyhill said:

I would love a real solution "Ext.device.Device.uuid"

UniGUI is a web app running in the browser. There is no way to get that information.

I think at the moment, the standard way would be to use a cookie.

1 hour ago, Sherzod said:

UniGUI is a web app running in the browser. There is no way to get that information.

I think at the moment, the standard way would be to use a cookie.

Thanks for clarification. This matches also to the information in the linked article in my post.

One more solution isr to use a native app and embed your unigui app. BTW, this is the way I use one of my unigui app right from windows environment. Using a Delphi app and a browser control, passing user credentials (domain, login and host  name) as parameter to embeded unigui app. So it is possible to provide a "silent login" from a domain driven bussiness environment.