Hyper server - nodes on multiple servers possible or not?

wprins

Hi,

I've today become aware of the new hyper-server functionality.  Fantastic.  It will solve some of the issues we've sort of just had to manage/deal with as mentioned in documentation.

However, I have a question: It seems from the documentation however that Nodes (worker processes) that are managed by the hyper-server must reside on the same physical/virtual box? Is this corect?  If so it's slightly unfortunate as it would seemingly be very useful if nodes could also be distributed over multiple servers rather than only being hosted on one single instance (for additional ability to scale and redundancy.) 

Or am I missing something or looking at this the wrong way?

Thanks

Walter

I think it's not possible at the moment.., and i don't know if this functionality will be included in the future.
now nodes are limited to same hyperserver machine.

and another question about escability..

¿ how many connections can handle hyperserver ? , becouse if hyperserver need create and maintain a thead (and session) in every connection we have the same thread's proccess limitation,  and that can not be very efficient if we want to have a lot of users (3k or 4k ?¿)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, wprins said:

Hi,

I've today become aware of the new hyper-server functionality.  Fantastic.  It will solve some of the issues we've sort of just had to manage/deal with as mentioned in documentation.

However, I have a question: It seems from the documentation however that Nodes (worker processes) that are managed by the hyper-server must reside on the same physical/virtual box? Is this corect?  If so it's slightly unfortunate as it would seemingly be very useful if nodes could also be distributed over multiple servers rather than only being hosted on one single instance (for additional ability to scale and redundancy.) 

Or am I missing something or looking at this the wrong way?

Thanks

Walter

Hi,

You're question is valid. Current implementation of HyperServer supports Nodes only inside one physical server. It is similar to IIS  Web Garden

Next step is to extend HyperServer functionality for Web Farms. It is in our todo list and preliminary work is already done.

We are taking scalability very seriously and constantly work to increase number of concurrent sessions.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, docjones said:

and another question about escability..

¿ how many connections can handle hyperserver ? , becouse if hyperserver need create and maintain a thead (and session) in every connection we have the same thread's proccess limitation,  and that can not be very efficient if we want to have a lot of users (3k or 4k ?¿)

Under a typical scenario maximum number of concurrent HTTP connections can only be a few hundreds. However, concurrent connections should not be confused with number of active sessions. You need an active HTTP connection only when a request is pending. You may have thousands of sessions, but only need 100 active connections to serve all those sessions. uniGUI internally implements pools for threads and transport handles to smartly manage OS resources.

We have stress tested our own customer portal application with HyperServer in a dedicated test server with up to 2.000 concurrent sessions.

As long as your server resources allow, you can increase number of sessions to 10.000 or more. The only concern here is database connections which must be pooled using pooling techniques provided by your data connection library. For example, if you are using FireDAC then you must enable database connection pooling if you plan to have more than 500 concurrent sessions.

• Upvote 1