Design strategy (web mode)

rsanford

Hello,

My apologies first if this has been covered elsewhere. I can see many options when designing the structure of an uniGUI web application(ie. tab/page control where frames are loaded into the tabbed page (similar to the demo) or multiple forms open over the main maximzed form similar to MDI). Is there a recommended strategy when designing a resource efficient web applications with uniGUI?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

My apologies first if this has been covered elsewhere. I can see many options when designing the structure of an uniGUI web application(ie. tab/page control where frames are loaded into the tabbed page (similar to the demo) or multiple forms open over the main maximzed form similar to MDI). Is there a recommended strategy when designing a resource efficient web applications with uniGUI?

Thanks in advance!

I'm using a big UniPageControl and then I create UniFrames in new tabsheets in runtime.

Is the more similar as MDI as I found.

J.

PS. Warning: when closing tabsheets, I must free the frame and then free the tabsheet; destroying the tabsheet doesn't destroy his child controls! (Even maybe this is corrected in latest builds).

• Administrators

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

My own design approach is simple. It is creating a main Form in mfPage mode with top menus. I use Modal Forms for data input and other stuff.

Other strategy can be a UniTreeView aligned on left with Pages, Frames and Tabs on right similar to our MegaDemo.

While uniGUI allows designing complex UI, I always prefer the simplest way to achieve best functionality. Complex UI can slow down browser and take a long time to load on slow connections.

My own design approach is simple. It is creating a main Form in mfPage mode with top menus. I use Modal Forms for data input and other stuff.

Other strategy can be a UniTreeView aligned on left with Pages, Frames and Tabs on right similar to our MegaDemo.

While uniGUI allows designing complex UI, I always prefer the simplest way to achieve best functionality. Complex UI can slow down browser and take a long time to load on slow connections.

Understood..thanks Farshad.