Hiding and showing tabs in a page control

wsv01

I am trying to set up a UniPageControl with 5 tabs in it. When the page appears, all tabs need to be hidden. When the user selects a menu option, a specific tab needs to appear. So, the menu system is basically controlling which tab will appear. In the simplest sense, for example, menu option 1 will show tab 0, menu option 2 will show tab 1 and so on. Only one tab will be shown at any specific time. As soon as the user selects a specific menu choice, all visible tabs should be made invisible and the one tab related to the menu choice will become visible. I just installed the latest trial version. Working on purchasing the software if I can just make it do some of the things I desire.

OK,

Here is a code snip for you.

On create I run this

UniPageControl1.Pages[0].Visible := false;
And I've tried this
  UniPageControl1.Pages[0].TabVisible := false;

Either one seems to hide the page.

On Click event of a test button I run this
  UniPageControl1.Pages[0].TabVisible := true;
or this
  UniPageControl1.Pages[0].Visible := true;

The tab does not appear. Does it have something to do with the page refreshing? Should I run that on the client side with some JS? If so, what would be the syntax?

I finally figured it out.

If I hide all the tabs on the form CREATE event, they will never appear, however, if I hide all tabs on the ACTIVATE event, everything works as planned.

So, I guess setting control visibility on the form CREATE event is not a good idea.

Can anyone give some reasoning behind this method of operation?

Thanks...

• 5 weeks later...