Ports Lock on Windows Server

Darth Florus

Hi Pals:

Actually I have some UniGui apps running as service mode on my customers. Eventually the web app hang (freezee).

Then simply I restart the service. But I can't, the service is not restarting. The I see the event viewer and the log says that the port is in use.

I search in the task list and I don't find my web app is running. I make a port scan and I don't find any app using his tcp port.

I need to reboot the server to make work again.

Some of You have this kind of problem?

Thank You pals and

Best Regards

• Administrators

It is weird. You can't keep a Port busy unless a process is listening on it. If your task manager doesn't show any app using that port then port should be free.

You can use netstat command to find which process is listening on which port.

open a command line with admin rights:

netstat -aon | find /i "listening"

or

netstat -a -b

Hi Pals:

I try every tcp scan tool and task lister know by google....neither of them says to me witch is the locking app...

Motivate by desperate I kill every task I see on the task manager at "point-blank range" (a quemarropa). And finally I find the guilty.

Was the f@#....new TeamViewer.

I don't known how a application can lock a tcp port and don't figure on the active ports of windows. Maybe some NSA issue?...

Whell, my method was not pure but it works! :)

I anyone know other way to do, please share it to the pals.

Best Regards to all

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Referent to this post.

Some people say to me that is required to sign digitally the .exe files to avoid security program to lock or delete our UniGui programs.

Because I'm using UniGui as Windows Service that opens a tcp port the antivirus behaviour analizer can suspect of the WebApp.

I will sign my program to know if the problem is solved.