Can a UniGui application publish SOAP webservices?

Tim

Is it possible for a UniGui project to publish SOAP webservices for other Delphi applications to consume? On the same port as a regular user would use to access its UniGui web application?

We have an existing Delphi project which can be compiled either as a VCL application or a Windows service. It already publishes various SOAP webservices, and we would like to extend it to have its own UniGui user interface which could be accessed by a webbrowser running on the same machine. Is it possible to implement this within the existing project, or would we be better off creating a new Delphi UniGui project which works alongside it? (When creating a project in Delphi, i can select either File >> New >> Other >> WebServices >> SOAP Server Application, or i can select File >> New >> Other >> uniGUI for Delphi, so it's not clear to me how i can create a project which does both.)

These are two different types of applications.

SOAP web services is like API called via web, without any UI, and should be created separately, using the builtin wizard or via third party (RemObjects & Others).

UniGui Application is web framework for front & back end development.

if you need to use both, Develop Soap web services for your business logic and exposed it as XML web services, and then call these services from Unigui app or via any other development tool or platform.

Using the OnHTTPRequest event you can create any web api on the

same port as the Unigui app, and serve other clients.

But keeping things simple is usually a good idea, by avoiding unnecessary

complexity and rather creating separate projects.