Printing directly

Abaksoft

Hello Friends,

Sorry for this recurrent question.

After many posts, from 2011 to 2018, i did'nt find THE SOLUTION to

Print directly on a selected local printer.

Classical Scenario :

- Local network

- Each PC has it default printer.

- when a user click to print button, from his PC,

the involve, Ticket, BarCode or simply A4 sheet must be printed on his local default printer directly without our classical UniHtml preview.

Nobody has solution ?

Thx.

We have now implemented support for fastreport, reportbuilder, and acbrbalanca

My quarrel with the peripherals gave a truce
Ideas and implementations are welcome.
As suggestions for adapting to meet the mobile platform
  • Upvote 1

Solution for Lan

Solution 1

Share the local workstation printer.

Declare the printer as a "local" printer to the server.

Create a table like IP, Server_Printer_Name ( actually the local printer)

When you push the "Print" button swich to the local printer based on IP ( IP evidently must be fixed )

Generate and print the report, bar code etc.

Solution 2

System service on server polling a table for "to be printed" reports, bar codes etc.

In the table you specify which report, parameters, to what printer etc.

WebApp inserts the respective information in the table.

System service generates and prints it .

After print, service deletes or marks as done the respective record from table.

I saw this solution work 24/7 for 5 bar code label printing applicators in a factory.

Maybe you can replicate it.

• Upvote 1

Solution for Lan

Solution 1

Share the local workstation printer.

Declare the printer as a "local" printer to the server.

Create a table like IP, Server_Printer_Name ( actually the local printer)

When you push the "Print" button swich to the local printer based on IP ( IP evidently must be fixed )

Generate and print the report, bar code etc.

Solution 2

System service on server polling a table for "to be printed" reports, bar codes etc.

In the table you specify which report, parameters, to what printer etc.

WebApp inserts the respective information in the table.

System service generates and prints it .

After print, service deletes or marks as done the respective record from table.

I saw this solution work 24/7 for 5 bar code label printing applicators in a factory.

Maybe you can replicate it.

Only work on internal network

QZ write about their

Client-side Technology

• WCPP Utility (a native app for Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi & Mac without any dependencies!) Simple, small and easy one-time install!

So there is a native app, and I am thinking that then you can just as well set up your own service app, running an indy http server

and trigger it by jquery cross-origin http calls running in the browser. Maybe you need more than just printing? In a local service

app you can arrange that and either reply directly to the CORS call or, if delayed, save the state to the db and do a server-side polling.

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 7:39 AM, Ron said:

QZ write about their

Client-side Technology

• WCPP Utility (a native app for Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi & Mac without any dependencies!) Simple, small and easy one-time install!

So there is a native app, and I am thinking that then you can just as well set up your own service app, running an indy http server

and trigger it by jquery cross-origin http calls running in the browser. Maybe you need more than just printing? In a local service

app you can arrange that and either reply directly to the CORS call or, if delayed, save the state to the db and do a server-side polling.

Would you have any examples of how to use QZ ???

for some specific reports, the report and generated on the server, I do not create a pdf, and in this case I send the report directly to the printer previously registered in a table, until the client side I can not get this list of printers, configured on the server, this printer will already be configured on the server, mapped to the terminal. This works perfectly in a LAN environment, but in a web environment, there would have to be a vpn, so that the server can see the client's printer.

16 minutes ago, wilton_rad said:

for some specific reports, the report and generated on the server, I do not create a pdf, and in this case I send the report directly to the printer previously registered in a table, until the client side I can not get this list of printers, configured on the server, this printer will already be configured on the server, mapped to the terminal. This works perfectly in a LAN environment, but in a web environment, there would have to be a vpn, so that the server can see the client's printer.

Thanks... However

I am looking for a solution for Internet users.

28 minutes ago, wilton_rad said:

Try to use QZ tray you can send report direct to the local Printer 

• 1 year later...