[Programming Robot] Is it possible Unigui database programming automatically?

david600320@hotmail.com

Is it possible to make unigui database programming  like a robot , automatically  ?

Tasks

Here , 100 tables  in a Database  has given .
    Build a web application in Unigui framework  !!       

step 1 .  automatically creation forms for CRUD and searching , reporting as well .  
  • 100 input forms - CRUD  with buttons  and click events , labels , dbUniEdits  as much as columns of each data Table .
  •  filtering forms or source codes ( ex. IF CLAUSE )   
  • Grids  along with tasks   
  •  in a minute  !!                    

step 2 .  Modify ( manually )  - these are programmer's .
  •  Finally , arrange some positions each labels , editor on input forms 
  •  copy & paste for  Master-detail .
  •  less coding for connection  to report . 
  •  critical parts - which programmer can do only !! 

step 3 .  Hide what you have done  before your Boss !! 
  • Take a rest .
  •  enjoy your life with saved time
  •  make money more as much as saved hours .
Goal 
     -  Build web applications in Unigui  quickly .

what do you think  ? 

- There is no silly question !! -  

Ho...Ho...!!!

Hello David Lee,

Ambitious project :)

It depends of your business logic. Not rlated to Unigui.

if it is a simple data archiving, then, yes it's doable :

1. You create a Class in an Uniframe with :

- 1 UniDBGrid

- 4 UniButtons : [+] [-] [Edit] [Print]

- UniContainer wich contains UniDBEdits with [OK] and [Cancel] buttons

2. On this Class, declare some abstract procedures wich can be defined on the inherited instances.

Example :

The [Edit] button will do something like :

Begin

ShowFields;

GetFields;

end;

Then, button [save].

GetFields and Save procedures are totally abstract (defined after on each inhereted instance).

The purpose here, is to prepare a CRUD Model in this Class, wich can be copied (inherited) for all others frames.

This is exactly what i have done on a project.

frankly, it's only the tip of the iceberg.

the biggest job is to translate the project scenarios and it gets complicated. we can not do simple data archiving but real acrobatics.

Thanks for your advises !

@Abaksoft  

First of all thank you for your kind and detailed explanation.

It's good way   , I have reviewed the techniques and concepts you mentioned before.  

By the way , I am wondering how to develop more  by Robot until almost 70~80% ,  Some parts(20~30%)  which programmer can do only are remained  for critical parts to developer .

- Developers should have chanse for modifying or adding  for critical parts of sources .

- Paradoxically, Robot  should not create a source in real time.

All of the source code is created using Delphi outside of Unigui And Develper can reuse sources anytime he wants .

( It is enough for you to give a time to Copy & Paste !!  from what has done by  Robot  in minutes )

My current plan is as follows.

1.  Give  a DATABASE to Robot.

- Robot extracts each column information from table information.

2. Robot should be able to analyze the columns and create input screens that

- include unilabels, uniDBEdit, uniDBGrid, uniButtons, and Event procedures for CRUD programming .

3. Robot should analyze the colums in the table and automatically create the necessary conditional clauses in Filtering.

-  should also be able to create a form for Filtering.   This can also shorten development time.

-  should make   columns for filtering  as much as  you want  ( IF ....THEN .....  )

4. The developer should create a complete Unigui source

-  so that modifications and additions to very serious areas are always possible.

5.  Give some patterns  and information of components  what you want to develop . 

-  For each developer, it is necessary to assume that the components and framework of each person are different.

The developer informs Robot of his development pattern. Robot generates the source according to the development pattern.

6.  Robot  should be smarter  then before .

what do you think of these ?

@Abaksoft

Many thanks for interesting of my sample project !!  and it gives me many helps . 

I think you are looking for ORM :
https://en.m.wikiped...ational_mapping 

Dinner was ready.

1. 100 tables in a given Database .

2. for mapping with Titles and  labe caption , I should input something  (  Field Name VS  colums caption or Titles of Grid - They can be different each countries  )           

Today ,  I am Successed to create  in Delphi !!

1.  100 Input forms  with labels , dbEdits , dbGrid  : possible CRUD ( add , edit . delete , save button events as well  )  along with given my development patterns .

2.  100 Filtering form :  creating many IF CLAUSES  as much as columns in each Table . 

3.  100 Reports         :   Seed reports -  Developer can make more reports with it .  ( I am using Fast-Report ) 

4.  100 Title Captions of each grids    :   It's also Time-Thief  for developer to change in mother-language's title . 

Creating Seconds  : 22  ~ 30 seconds .  ( 100 tables in a DATABASE )   

*   In real world , it should be controlled  whether show or not  against  too many columns .  need no show all !! (  by giving options )

*   Developer should work for logical things and  minimal - remained things only . 

Next ,  My Project should be successed  in Unigui  !!

- I need your help !! 

Best regards ,

I think you're looking for a system generator, or code generator, eg: gvinci for c # code www.gvinci.com.br maker http://softwell.com.br/for java code, friend get out of these thefts that generate code for you with the idea of ​​speeding up certain tasks, always end up generating useless codes, either agility in unigui, use inheritance concepts, if is concerned with streamlining the process of creating crud forms, a well-designed base form will save you a lot of time in this task.

I think you're looking for a system generator, or code generator, eg: gvinci for c # code www.gvinci.com.br maker http://softwell.com.br/for java code, friend get out of these thefts that generate code for you with the idea of ​​speeding up certain tasks, always end up generating useless codes, either agility in unigui, use inheritance concepts, if is concerned with streamlining the process of creating crud forms, a well-designed base form will save you a lot of time in this task.

@wilton_rad  : Thank you.

Your advice is really important in implementing the same kind of idea.

In fact, it takes a lot of time and effort to create the same kind of site you mentioned.
If we need to create a business-related platform at a low cost and in a short period of time, then using the same kind of site as yours is the right choice.

I found the simplicity and beauty of using UNIGUI, a nice framework, and realized the need for more efficient development in the process of developing with UNIGUI.
Currently, I am happy with how I can make web application easily and quickly through UNIGUI.

It is time for me to change the idea like Columbus' egg now.

• 1 year later...