uniGUI update and cache

mika

Some of our customers are having weird problems with our uniGUI software. I updated uniGUI to the latest version yesterday and at least some customers are getting AJAX-errors, duplicate entries in uniDBGrid and so on. I troubleshooted the problem with one of our customers and I asked him to clear cache or try another browser (He was using IE 11). He tried to use Chrome and everything worked as expected. One another customer cleared cache and that seemed to solve problem for her. I can't reproduce any of the errors and problem they're having so it's really difficult to fix something that doesn't seem to be broken.

Is there something I'm missing here? What can I do to to solve this issue? Is there a way to instruct clients browser to fetch all the uniGUI files again effectively refreshing them? Is this cache related at all? If not, what should I do to prevent these kind of situations in the future when I update uniGUI to new version?

Please advice.

// Mika

• Like 1

Follow up to this problem. It's not only the cache or it might have nothing to do with the cache at all. There are bunch or really weird problems. For example... uniDBGrid header widths differ from column widths, setting labelX caption cause labelY caption to change and so on. There are many of these. I don't have any other option but to revert back to old uniGUI.

If someone could tell what's going on here I'd be very greatful.

// Mika

I reverted back to 4.2 version and everything now works as expected. However, I'd like to know what went wrong because we obviously want to upgrade in the future. So, any information about this?

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 3:35 AM, mika said:

Some of our customers are having weird problems with our uniGUI software. I updated uniGUI to the latest version yesterday and at least some customers are getting AJAX-errors, duplicate entries in uniDBGrid and so on. I troubleshooted the problem with one of our customers and I asked him to clear cache or try another browser (He was using IE 11). He tried to use Chrome and everything worked as expected. One another customer cleared cache and that seemed to solve problem for her. I can't reproduce any of the errors and problem they're having so it's really difficult to fix something that doesn't seem to be broken.

Is there something I'm missing here? What can I do to to solve this issue? Is there a way to instruct clients browser to fetch all the uniGUI files again effectively refreshing them? Is this cache related at all? If not, what should I do to prevent these kind of situations in the future when I update uniGUI to new version?

Please advice.

// Mika

Hi Mika, I just updated my Unigui version to Ext 6.5 and was having some problems too.

Maybe this post can help you.

But when you update ext4 to ext6, you may have some problems with javascript like "sender.addClass" that changed to "sender.addCls".

So I created a converter to change inside my dfm based on files "DE.txt" and "PARA.txt". The converter was necessary since dfm has string truncated inside.

Conversor_EXTJS4_EXTJS6.zip

• Like 1