Compressed DLL

FFREDIANELLI

Hi Friends ,  in my vcl application i usualy compress my executables with 'upx', that reduce the size of exe to 25% of the original size, i was wondering if with dll will be the same thing, and the answer is yes, at my first test without any bad inpact in load time and execution. So i wold like to know if someone else use this with unigui and found some problem. 

What for? To save few megabytes of server disk space?

I will have a menu in my ERP (like i have in vcl) with between 40 to 50 dll that are loaded as the option chosed in menu (different parts of the system) , the most slow function is load the files from disk to memory if isapi have to read 6 mb against 25 the impact is big. The same thing to update this dlls in development time when as usual i copy to the server the a lot of times... of course that the final memory used is the same but a big impact in load time, life time of expensive disks of server, just as some reasons.

I never had antivirus problems , i use upx and aspack at least 15 year. 

Really? That's odd because I have used UPX only couple of times and at least on one occasion, virus scanner went off because of it. It was years ago and if I remember correctly, I used Norton Antivirus back then. Anyway, in my opinion, saving few megabytes is not worth it.

Really? That's odd because I have used UPX only couple of times and at least on one occasion, virus scanner went off because of it. It was years ago and if I remember correctly, I used Norton Antivirus back then. Anyway, in my opinion, saving few megabytes is not worth it.

yes antivirus are a pain in the @s , we use norton and in the last years Kaspersky, anyway put exclusion on the directory of ERP exes and in this case idapi folder solve the problem and accelerete the loading time.