update dataset events in UniDBgrid...

Stemon63

Hi, 

in UniDbGrid, I need to update and calculate field WITHOUT change row for posting data to dataset, but during normal editing, on cell navigate;
For example: Quantity * Price must update  field TotalRow  on change Quantity or Price. 

Now I can see updated value only on changing row (with automatic post).  

There is a method or funtion for update the underline record fields values on changing cell?

Thanks in advance,

Stefano

Hi Wilton, 

the problem is not related to calculate fields, but WHEN data is transfered from grid to dataset.

It seems that values are send to dataset only when user change row...
I need that updates values are send on change column or on any change in cell editor.

Thanks

Hi,

Hi Wilton, 

the problem is not related to calculate fields, but WHEN data is transfered from grid to dataset.

It seems that values are send to dataset only when user change row...
I need that updates values are send on change column or on any change in cell editor.

Thanks

Can you make a simple testcase for this, by indicating what and how you wanted?

I have found a bit of a hack solution.  Maybe there is a more direct way of doing it, but this is what works for me:

Create a helper for the TFDDataSet class as follows:

type  TFDDataSetHelper = class helper for TFDDataSet

public

procedure InternalCalc;
  end;

implementation

uses  FireDAC.DatS;

{ TFDDataSetHelper }

procedure TFDDataSetHelper.InternalCalc;
var
  oRow: TFDDatSRow;
begin

oRow := GetRow(ActiveBuffer);

oRow.ForceChange(rsCalculating);
end;

and use the unit then, after any of the fields change that the internal calculated fields rely on, call:

TFDDataSet(dataset).InternalCalc;

Hi,

yes,thanks,  but the problem is in client side of UNIGUI.

Values, in standard unigui dbeditors, are assigned to Db fields on exit (or changed value) of dbeditor.
In UniDbgrid, instead, values are assigned on change row, and not on exit (or changed value) of a single cell (or editor assigned to column).
I understand that server must be called only when need, and  calling frequently  (cell by cell) must be dangerous, but there are common situations where calc, compute, totals and control must be done during editing of a row, and the DBrecord on server must be updated "as soon as" for refresh values...

If there is a method for transfer  grid's record values in DB records (the same that is called on change row when edit) I can use it on "edit" event in ExtJs....

Thanks!!

Hi,

Hi, Yes

I have little test.

You can follow these instructions, for example for total field:

1. FDTABLEtotal -> FieldKind = fkCalculated

2. FDTABLE -> OnNewRecord

procedure TMainForm.FDTABLENewRecord(DataSet: TDataSet);
begin
  FDTABLE.FieldByName('total').AsFloat := 0;
end;

3. FDTABLE -> OnCalcFields

procedure TMainForm.FDTABLECalcFields(DataSet: TDataSet);
begin
  with FDTABLE do
    FieldByName('total').AsFloat := FieldByName('price').AsFloat *
                                  FieldByName('quantity').AsInteger;
  UniDBGrid1.RefreshCurrentRow();
end;

Hi Delphi Developer,

Thank you for help.

But the problem is another....this is very restrictive to dataset calculate fields.
I known very well dataset logic (i use delphi from release 1), but i want focus to Unigui and ExtJs and not dataset calcfields.

My example show a little demo of simply calculate fields in a grid. But, in production I cannot use 300 calculate fields or use events on dataset side; For 90% of times those calculate fields can be forced or modified by user, so I need to calculate in functions or procedure where are a mix datasets and variables and also "forced" checkboxs, for example , (my calculation are very complex, for tax and account applications and involve many datasets at once).

So, this approach is very very restrictive.

My focus is another direction.
I want to say simply how  launch my Delphi procedures (with  or without dataset involved)  from Unidbgrid  events AFTER CELL COLUMN CONTENT IS MODIFIED (and related delphi field value are already updated).

There are no events for this?

There is no an "onEditValuechange" in UniDbGrid?

Thanks a lot. :-)

Stefano 

Hi Beginner,

thanks a lot.

But where is "after edit cell" event?
All Extjs events (cell) work well when you navigate (select, etc.) , but not when you in "editing" state;

I need to edit cell, press tab, and edit the next cell (without press Enter), with its value already refreshed (calculate). And naturally without post and edit continuosly dataset....

Hi Beginner,

thanks a lot.

But where is "after edit cell" event?

All Extjs events (cell) work well when you navigate (select, etc.) , but not when you in "editing" state;

I need to edit cell, press tab, and edit the next cell (without press Enter), with its value already refreshed (calculate). And naturally without post and edit continuosly dataset....

I test these code with 1.10.0.1456,maybe work for you.

write code in UniDBGrid's OnSetCellValue  event

procedure TMainForm.UniDBGrid1SetCellValue(Sender: TObject; ACol,

ARow: Integer; AField: TField; var Value: Variant);

begin

self.UniDBGrid1.DataSource.DataSet.Edit;

self.UniDBGrid1.DataSource.DataSet.FieldByName(self.UniDBGrid1.Columns.Items[Acol].FieldName).Value:=Value;

self.UniDBGrid1.DataSource.DataSet.Post;

end;