Started new project

ldb68

I started 3 days ago a first project for the collection of data about iPhone sales.

The entry is performed with iPhone via UMTS by 30 users.

Users enter 30-40 questionnaires at day with some photos.

The administrator's can view data and make some report in excel.

For now, the only criticism is about the little SLOW interface (iPhone3 and iPhone4).

I think that UniGUI with EXT JS 4 will be will be much faster.

Twice user get the error "cannot make this operation on a closed dataset " even though before making the post I start the edit on dataset.

I assume user had lost internet connection.

The application is compiled and installed as ISAPI under IIS 6 (windows 2003). Database MS SQL Server with ADO connection.

I have read in forums that there are problems with session's cache under IIS 6. Confirm that?

thnks

post-13-0-21273900-1306913365_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-49762100-1306913377_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-52208100-1306913389_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-92164900-1306913408_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I started 3 days ago a first project for the collection of data about iPhone sales.

The entry is performed with iPhone via UMTS by 30 users.

Users enter 30-40 questionnaires at day with some photos.

The administrator's can view data and make some report in excel.

For now, the only criticism is about the little SLOW interface (iPhone3 and iPhone4).

I think that UniGUI with EXT JS 4 will be will be much faster.

Thanks for sharing.

Twice user get the error "cannot make this operation on a closed dataset " even though before making the post I start the edit on dataset.

I assume user had lost internet connection.

It can not be loss of connection. This error indicates that app is trying to do some operation on a dataset which is not open. Could you spot where exactly this error occur?

The application is compiled and installed as ISAPI under IIS 6 (windows 2003). Database MS SQL Server with ADO connection.

I have read in forums that there are problems with session's cache under IIS 6. Confirm that?

This problem can be solved by giving necessary credentials to IWAM_X IIS user. Grant full access rights to Cache folder for IWAM_X and IUSR_X users.

It can not be loss of connection. This error indicates that app is trying to do some operation on a dataset which is not open. Could you spot where exactly this error occur?

The error is in the click event of "End" button.

Almost all edit control are dbware.

Only when click on "END" button put table (AdoQuery) in Edit Mode, save some data non dbware and as last make a post.

try

UniMainModule.tbDomande.Edit;

// save

UniMainModule.tbDomande.Post;

except

On E:Exception do

begin

Showmessage('tbDomande ' + '<br>'+ E.Message);

end;

end;

See attached user foto error.

thanks

post-13-0-53888700-1306932548_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-46330300-1306932556_thumb.jpg

Can you reproduce it on a desktop browser too?

No.

I have made many test on lan/wan with many browser. I newer get this error locally.

After four day only two user (the first day i published the application) got this error.

I make a forced Edit/Post of data on every tabsheet change to prevent loss data.

I've often found this problem, it was occured only in web-mode.

Sometime and/or often for some app., I clone data from dataset A to dataset B, it was throw error "cannot make this operation on a closed dataset" for dataset A,

when I let dataset A to edit mode the error was gone.

I don't know why???

I've often found this problem, it was occured only in web-mode.

Confirmed, "closed dataset" rises very rarely in my app too. Can't tell wether it is web only, since its occasional and I don't test VCL part.