Quickreport

flaviowmf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because the problem is just that when I say that this export the report in another form, the server crashes. What would be the way to implement this correctly?

I've tried putting both the QuickReport form uniGui qndo on Form VCL and two ways are catching the server.

• Administrators

because the problem is just that when I say that this export the report in another form, the server crashes. What would be the way to implement this correctly?

I've tried putting both the QuickReport form uniGui qndo on Form VCL and two ways are catching the server.

Well, you reporting tool must support running in a multi threaded environment. I haven't used QuickReport much so I'm not sure what options are available for it.

As far as I can see QuickReports is not OK with multi-threaded use. I will try to make some tests with it.

The best way is to run QuickReport application as a separate process and communicate with it using some inter-process comm methods.

Hi Farshad,

Is it possible to create thread-safe with SynObject to workaround?

• Administrators

By using CriticalSection you can force some portion of code to run in a single thread at a time but it won't make it thread-safe. Components like QR aren't designed with multi-threading in mind so there is no guarantee that they will work in a threaded app.

Dude I am new in this process, how do I open a PDF in urlFrame? what would be the right syntax to the web client view the file? Excuse the ignorance ... rsrsr

You just only create PDF file in the path that you specific and copy the path + report-name.pdf to URLFrame, the download demo of UniGUI can help you for that.

I can add that I am using Quickreport 5.0.5 and D2009 along with UniGui with no issues whatsoever. You need to manually create the form that the report component resides on and manually create an export component to produce the PDF file.

The example code in the quickreport knowledge base should be enough to get you started. I can post my own example code on monday if you like.

Demo application, as promised.

There are mainly two small things to keep in mind. Do not have the application auto create the quick report form. When you add the form, go into the project settings and remove the form from the autocreate list.

Secondly you need to disable the progressindicator from the report as it doesn't make sense in webmode. (TQuickRep.ShowProgress := False)

QrDemo.zip

Demo application, as promised.

There are mainly two small things to keep in mind. Do not have the application auto create the quick report form. When you add the form, go into the project settings and remove the form from the autocreate list.

Secondly you need to disable the progressindicator from the report as it doesn't make sence in webmode. (TQuickRep.ShowProgress := False)

Use FastReport, normal work with unigui.

I can add that I am using Quickreport 5.0.5 and D2009 along with UniGui with no issues whatsoever. You need to manually create the form that the report component resides on and manually create an export component to produce the PDF file.

The example code in the quickreport knowledge base should be enough to get you started. I can post my own example code on monday if you like.

Hi,

Do you can send for me too?

Tks