IIS deployment Vs Running unigui by exe

Kachar ganyalong

Hi,

IIS is more suitable for applications with high access volumes according to the unigui manual

http://www.unigui.com/resources/online-documentation/developer-manual

"Deploying your Internnet application as an ISAPI module is probably the best method of deployment. You can run several modules together without a need to dedicate a TCP port to each application."

Leandro Ávila

Thank you so much Leandro,

I'm handling a big project now (100-200 concurrent users) app with intensive SQL requests.

I used to run Unigui as exe but I found that 40 users is the limited of concurrency. After 40 users it was frozen.

I fixed that by running 20 instances of Unigui exe on different ports, that caused the problem of "uploaded files needed to be synced between instances folder".

I will try IIS setting.

I will be back to report this to benefit other members. But it may take long time cause the project is not yet ready.

Hi,

IIS is more suitable for applications with high access volumes according to the unigui manual

Leandro

In your place I would analyse first what the SQL is doing and eventually separate the sql server on a different machine.

Long running queries or complicated stored procedures "eat up" a lot of CPU.

After that I would decide.

I constantly run 80 session 2 shifts a day and I have very few problems.

• 10 months later...
On 4/12/2018 at 3:47 PM, Kachar ganyalong said:

Thank you so much Leandro,

I'm handling a big project now (100-200 concurrent users) app with intensive SQL requests.

I used to run Unigui as exe but I found that 40 users is the limited of concurrency. After 40 users it was frozen.

I fixed that by running 20 instances of Unigui exe on different ports, that caused the problem of "uploaded files needed to be synced between instances folder".

I will try IIS setting.

I will be back to report this to benefit other members. But it may take long time cause the project is not yet ready.

Was you able to handle more sessions using IIS instead EXE ?

• 4 months later...