UniGUI support, feedback in general and the future?

GerhardV

16 hours ago, Ruslan said:

How many projects on Delphi works on Linux, and how many on Windows? I think that <10% under linux and from a commercial point of view there is no sence to waste time on that when you still not good on Windows.

I’m sorry my friend but perhaps You don’t understand what unigui is and what it works.

It is a lot of reasons to have unigui at Linux. For me Windows is a bigest disadventage of unigui.

We wrote a lot of Unix/Linux deamons in delphi which are compiled at target hosts at FPC. It works like a harm with remobject soap/binary protocols and with zeos database support. I mean quite big production systems working from years.

11 hours ago, jaromir said:

I’m sorry my friend but perhaps You don’t understand what unigui is and what it works.

It is a lot of reasons to have unigui at Linux. For me Windows is a bigest disadventage of unigui.

We wrote a lot of Unix/Linux deamons in delphi which are compiled at target hosts at FPC. It works like a harm with remobject soap/binary protocols and with zeos database support. I mean quite big production systems working from years.

in Delphi or Lazarus?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 10:59 AM, Ruslan said:

Can I see it in Google Play?

Ruslan,  I have mobile apps made using Delphi in both stores, They work well and my clients love them.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ByteInMotion.BIMFacilities&amp;hl=pt_PT

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ByteInMotion.BIMCityHall&amp;hl=pt_PT

https://itunes.apple.com/br/app/bim-facilities/id955782758?mt=8

3 hours ago, zemorango said:

Thanks for sharing.  Am I right in assuming these are these Firemonkey applications?  And what about the internals?  Did you use datasnap or something else for the middle/back end?  What about client architecture?  Did you use FireDAC components or TClientDatasets or something else entirely?

(Back in XE5 days I evaluated Delphi's Android support and suffice it to say it was IMHO dire at the time, basically broken and didn't work well enough for me to risk using in production.  It looks though like things have come along very well and that I should revisit this.)

28 minutes ago, wprins said:

Thanks for sharing.  Am I right in assuming these are these Firemonkey applications?  And what about the internals?  Did you use datasnap or something else for the middle/back end?  What about client architecture?  Did you use FireDAC components or TClientDatasets or something else entirely?

(Back in XE5 days I evaluated Delphi's Android support and suffice it to say it was IMHO dire at the time, basically broken and didn't work well enough for me to risk using in production.  It looks though like things have come along very well and that I should revisit this.)

Hi, Wprins,  Yes i'm using Firemonkey, It has evolved a lot since XE5, It's more stable, fast and reliable.

For backend I use a rest architecture, webservices created using Php. I don't use clientdataset or fireDac  or whatever data access components, just Rest staleless  webservices. So its a multitier architecture.

What is necessary to keep in mind is that mobile is not the same as desktop, we must find ways to keep the app fast and avoid to use too mush components in a single form, also the use of  frames to insert forms in a main parent form is a must,  have severals forms open in memory can just exauts the mobile device resources.

Anyway we can also build great mobile apps using Unigui, I have made quite some mobile app with unigui, of course not native, running via browser but with good results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I don't know the future of UniGUI, nobody  knows.

But I'm really worried now,  and explain.

I don't have any customer, I use unigui only for my company tools development, and the actual situation really worries to us. I have some questions in customer portal and some months with no answer and no activity, I have sent some private messages to Farshad, and I have sent email to fmsoft, with no answer. Some questions in forums with no answers, and I think that something is happening,.

All of these make us to be very very worried.

I'm registered user, and use unigui since 2 years, and recently renewed my license, but this situation, with no answers and no news is extrange for me.

I kmow and understand that this is a huge work, and very dificult for a reduced team (perhaps only a person), but is extrange not have any news.

Farshad replied to this topic las April 6, but no news.

I'm very happy with uniguin since I use it, and migrates all of our systems, and renewed my license 2 months ago, but Farshad (and fmsoft) must understand my worries (perhaps our worries, not only me). I don't know if anybody else is in my same situation, bu I really need to know if there is some problem to take some decisions about our development, to keep with unigui, or migrate to any other solution.

I want to keep with unigui many years in the future, but need to keep calm my self and my boss and averyone all around my company, and the no news situation doesn't help.

Thanks and sorry if this post disturb someone, is not my propose or intention.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

The roadmap looks great but I have still two concerns which are not answered.

In the circumstance that for some reasons there will be no support anymore.

Will the sourcecode come available to registered customers or can we purchase it?

http://forums.unigui.com/index.php?/topic/11483-client-side-sorting-on-date-column-doesnt-work-properly/&tab=comments#comment-61891

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...