Do we need UniMobile if we have Responsive design since Ext5 ?

elGringo

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

ExtJS 6 divides UI into two toolkit : Classic toolkit and Modern toolkit. For desktop apps uniGUI uses Classic toolkit abd for Mobile apps Modern toolkit.

The good thing is that in Ext JS 6 you can use Classic toolkit on mobile devices too. Mobile device support is highly improved in Ext JS 6 for classic toolkit.

If you choose a theme like Triton or Crisp you should be able to use your desktop uniGUI apps on Tablets too. Of course, phones are a bit different. For phones you'll still need to use Modern toolkit because of small screen size.

Responsive support will only give you the capability to have different panel configurations for different form factors. You still need to decide to use Classic or Modern (Desktop or Mobile) toolkit when you start your project.

• Upvote 1

Hi Farshad,

I'm not sure yet, if we can use one toolkit  (Modern or Classic) to work on both platforms(Mobile or Desktop) as I saw on latest trial (build 1450) when start project as mobile, you have the layout of mobile, and you star with classic, the mobile view isn't good fit.

so the question, if I want to start new project that fit the two platforms(desktop & mobile) what should I use, and how to work with them properly?