2 version of unigui on one computer

delagoutte

Hello,

Actually i'm working with delphi XE7 and the last version of unigui that works with extjs 4.2.5

Its is my environnement that i use for my software that is deployed in production and i want keep this for the moment

I 'm currently install delphi XE 10.2.2 and i would like install in this version of delphi the last version of unigui that works with extjs 6.5.

It is possible to do this on same computer ? how can ido this without uninstall the version of unigui for delphi XE7

I managed in Berlin to run uniGUI with extjs 4.2.5 and in Tokyo with version 6.5, but I had to do a lot of things manually.

it would really be great if you had the ExtJS 6.5 version run separately so you could run tests.

including Runtime, so we could have projects running with 4.2.5 and some tests in 6.5

I managed in Berlin to run uniGUI with extjs 4.2.5 and in Tokyo with version 6.5, but I had to do a lot of things manually.

it would really be great if you had the ExtJS 6.5 version run separately so you could run tests.

including Runtime, so we could have projects running with 4.2.5 and some tests in 6.5

In same delphi, haveto change class name, and all of them haveto change. This is not easy and it does not make sense. For example, if tunilabel changed, class name and unitname changed aswell, you have to change in project all, this mean can not use same time. maybe billion ifdef directive need. My idea is virtualbox is usefull for this, I mean same delphi version different unigui version (sencha 4.5 & 6.5)

But same computer, different delphi version can be, because delphi version use different registry keys and folder. I mean On same computer, Delphi berlin installed and installed in sencha 4.5, this computer has delphi tokyo too, and it has sencha 6.5. ofcourse unigui hasto install different folders.

For virtualbox, I'm not tested, but, you can get image your pc then restore this image in virtualbox.

regards

+1 but need in one version of delphi different verions of unigui... I need to work with Dev on old version ExtJS, and trying to update project to new version ExtJS. I understand that this is not possible to install 2 version of the same component, but now work in way that several time per day I install and Uninstall unigui

• 6 months later...

Hi all, I'm very interested in this.

We have a couple of applications written with build 1425 (ExtJS 4.2), and we want to plan the upgrade to the latest version, usign ExtJS 6.5.

We need to test all the customizations that we made to the CSS and the custom JS code developed, in order to be sure it is compatible

with Ext JS 6.5, and to change it were needed.

In the meanwhile, we need to support the projects, so we need to be able to fix eventual issues and to upgrade them.

Which is the most convenient way to have different versions of UniGUI installed on the same RAD Studio?

It is necessay to change folder names to activate one version instead of another ? What about registry ?

Please provide some simple steps (including installation) in order to have a development environment with multiple UniGUI versions.

Thanks

Andrea

• 1 year later...