TMS Web Core...a new framework from TMS Software

mierlp

What does that have to do with the technology they are presenting?

I don't care about the technology behind their website, I'm interested in what they offer as solution.

What I mean is they don't believe in her tools because the don't it in order to show to their customers that the tools work and work fine 

• 4 months later...

Tms web Core getting to be more strong.  they seems that are Now working in wrapping Extjs Widgets, So unigui you have real Competitor

I don't think so, TMS web core is client side, so you need backend server to get data from database or from Restful services, while Unigui is server side web development tool, and it uses ExtJs as client side library.

I guess it will boil down to stability and debugging abilities, and the question is

if it is easier to debug a set of html/css/js files or one DLL.

The DLL is basically a black box you can do nothing abou. Trying to

comb through html/css/js will be a challenge, but at least you have something

to check and eventually hack if there is an issue.

If Unigui can offer both outputs, it will have the upper hand.

I don't think so, TMS web core is client side, so you need backend server to get data from database or from Restful services, while Unigui is server side web development tool, and it uses ExtJs as client side library.

Tms has a separate framework for back end called Xdata that can be used with web core easily or you are free to use any back end like Asp.net core or php or java or Nodejs

I think it will take a few years until they get close to the unigui. And when they reach the current stage, unigui will be much more ahead.

The embarcadero continues as always with problem of focus.

They shoot everywhere and can not close something ripe and easy.

Firemonkey is a great misfortune, the infinity of bugs made the product unusable.

For demonstrations as they are made, and small applications you even get some results.

For real-world cases leaves to be desired.

• Upvote 1

Tms has a separate framework for back end called Xdata that can be used with web core easily or you are free to use any back end like Asp.net core or php or java or Nodejs

I Know that, but as TWC it self is front end only, you can use it with any backend restful services, but you can't connect it directly to database.

so Unigui is much faster when developing web application, while TWC & Xdata is more flexible and scalable solution, and you can use the Xdata services with any programming language other than Delphi.

For demonstrations as they are made, and small applications you even get some results.
For real-world cases leaves to be desired.

The problem with EMB* is it always show how easy delphi to do easy things, but they never build a real world application compared to what c# or Xamarin do, specially with mobile.

...so Unigui is much faster when developing web application...

That is true, and very important.

With my dev setup, where I compile to DLL, and have a post-build command

that copy the DLL to the right folder and rename it to .UPDATE, which then

triggers automatic reload in the browser using the eggcentric solution, is hard to beat.

I click Ctrl-F9, and then 3-4 seconds later the browser has reloaded the new app,

no need for a single extra click.

That is one-click compile and reload, integrated client-server development - beat that!

If the Hyperserver provides good debugging and logging capabilities it will be

difficult to ever catch up with Unigui, unless you have a huge team of post-doc experts

and unlimited resources. Maybe an open-source project will be there in 10 years.

• Upvote 2

With my dev setup, where I compile to DLL, and have a post-build command

that copy the DLL to the right folder and rename it to .UPDATE, which then

triggers automatic reload in the browser using the eggcentric solution, is hard to beat.

I click Ctrl-F9, and then 3-4 seconds later the browser has reloaded the new app,

no need for a single extra click.

That is one-click compile and reload, integrated client-server development - beat that!

Hi Delphidude

It is posible for you to share this dev setup, or are there in the forum some links that point to this?

Thanks

@rasaliad, sure this is not difficult:

1. Download the eggcentric DLL loader, at http://www.eggcentric.com/ISAPILoader.htm

2. Unpack it and rename the loader to your app name, e.g. myapp.dll, and copy it to your local webserver app folder, replacing your existing app DLL.

3. Add a post-build command in your Project Options | Build Events,  to copy the compiled DLL to your local webserver app folder and at the same time rename the DLL to have the UPDATE ending, e.g. myapp.update. See attached image.

4. Make sure you compile your project as a DLL.

And that is basically it.

When you compile your app the DLL will be copied and renamed, and the eggcentric DLL loader will notice the presence of the UPDATE file and unload the running DLL, rename the UPDATE to a RUN extension and load the new DLL into memory using ISAPI functions.

Of course this assumes you have a local webserver installed, Apache or IIS, and that you are able to run the app as a DLL initially.

But this will give you no more reloading issues or exceptions when compiling and restarting the session.

I think Farshad talked about including such an update function in the Hyperserver, so then you will only need the post-build command (assuming you are running the Hyperserver locally).

post-980-0-82698600-1530801153_thumb.png