Reponsive WebApp?

Aggie85

Howdy All!

I have been "tagging" UniGui to look at for quite sometime and need to get a little information from existing users.

A little background - I currently have written a reservation system. It is comprised of a WIN32/64 application and a web application written in IntraWeb using CGDevTools jQuery and jQueryMobile components.

I am looking to "unify" my web apps from 2 to 1 (i.e. responsive).

It it possible using UniGui to just use one set of components and have a responsive / consistent UI across all devices (desktop/tablet/mobile) like Bootstrap?

Anybody have a link they can share if the answer to the above question is YES?

I just want to make sure I investigate all Delphi/C Builder web development ways before I am forced to look at a different set of tools for web development.

Thanks in advance,

Aggie85

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy All!

I have been "tagging" UniGui to look at for quite sometime and need to get a little information from existing users.

A little background - I currently have written a reservation system. It is comprised of a WIN32/64 application and a web application written in IntraWeb using CGDevTools jQuery and jQueryMobile components.

I am looking to "unify" my web apps from 2 to 1 (i.e. responsive).

It it possible using UniGui to just use one set of components and have a responsive / consistent UI across all devices (desktop/tablet/mobile) like Bootstrap?

Anybody have a link they can share if the answer to the above question is YES?

I just want to make sure I investigate all Delphi/C Builder web development ways before I am forced to look at a different set of tools for web development.

Thanks in advance,

Aggie85

Also for me to be able to create a responsive web page is a priority. But at present it is not possible with Unigui.

Why

Why?

With unigui/extjs you can achieve what you want.

A responsive template must render well on either a pc, a tablet or a smartphone and adapt automatically if you rotate the device.
I do not know that currently there is a theme suitable for both the desktop and mobile in unigui. I am wrong?
The themes implemented in unigui are definitely ugly compared to current standards and definitely unusable on a 5-inch smartphone.

I was reading in the Ext JS  Forum about a Responsive Plugin, My Question is "Is Posible to use it in Unigui ?"

Delphi Developer Could you give us some Idea about it ?

https://www.sencha.com/blog/designing-responsive-applications-with-ext-js/

Ext.define('MyApp.view.Main', {
extend: 'Ext.tab.Panel',
plugins: 'responsive',
responsiveConfig: {
landscape: {
tabPosition: 'left'
},
portrait: {
tabPosition: 'top'
}
},
items: [
{ title: 'Foo' },
{ title: 'Bar' }
]
});

With ExtJS 6.5, touch templete has improved.

Even if the choices are limited and there are few possibilities (at least with ease) to change colors and fonts you can create a responsive web app that is unique for both mobile and desktop.

Here a first attempt. To try on vertical / horizontal smartphone and on PC:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, that also means that Desktop version of UniGUI is Ok for mobile Apps?

The ExtJS 6.5 mobile themes certainly help to write single web apps that can be used on desktops, tablets or smartphones.
But you are limited to only 2-3 themes available that not everyone likes.
Having the possibility to change colors / fonts would be a further help but at the moment we have to do everything via JS and know exactly what to declare to acces EXTJS api.

However, a nice step forward compared to before ...
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...