Server Ran out of Threads

ricardolb

I'm getting this error on Apache 2.4

[Thu Aug 17 15:00:50.355132 2017] [mpm_winnt:error] [pid 4948:tid 9548] AH00326: Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising the ThreadsPerChild setting

when this happens Apache freezes and I have to restart the service, I already tried to increase the ThreadsPerChild setting but the problem persists, does anyone have any clue of what it

might be? Does anyone already used Apache 2.4 in an production environment.

I'm aware that it might be a problem in my Application I'm just looking for any similar experiences so I start looking for stuff.

Thank you

• Administrators

To resolve this you can increase ThreadsPerChild to a number bigger than MaxRequests in uniGUI.

Recommended values are 50 for both.

If some requests hang in your application it can be source of your problem. You can monitor this by opening Server Monitor page and monitoring "Requests" value.

Under number operation Requests must be a value close to 1. It can go up and down depending on the server load but eventually it must show 1 when your server is idle.

Thanks Farshad for your answer.

I am monitoring it on a daily basis, and I've never seen it go higher than 5 simultaneous and it drops to 1 again in a few seconds, anyway, I changed my server to IIS now to see if the problem persists, and I'm pretty sure it's something on my App that it's causing this, if anyone had a similar problem and found the solution please let me know.