UniGui Deployment issues

stiaan

Hi

I have deployed a UniGui 0.99.10.1182 Trial (Delphi XE8 Upd1 compiled) application to a server. I have encountered a couple of issues that I would like to bring to your attention.

1. Even setting the ExtRoot and UniRoot folders programmatically, it still required me to create a link in the root called D:\ext-4.2.2.1144 that points to the actual Ext folder. Why is it looking the the root of my installed drive for the Ext folder even though I have set it:

procedure TUniServerModule.UniGUIServerModuleCreate(Sender: TObject);
var
  INI : TMemINIFile;
  wPort : Word;
  sExtRoot, sUniRoot : String;
begin
  INI := TMemINIFile.Create( StringReplace( ParamStr(0), '.exe', '.ini', [rfReplaceAll, rfIgnoreCase] ) );
  wPort := INI.ReadInteger( 'CONFIG', 'PORT', 8077 );
  sExtRoot := INI.ReadString( 'CONFIG', 'EXTROOT', '' );
  sUniRoot := INI.ReadString( 'CONFIG', 'UNIROOT', '' );

INI.Free;

Self.ServerRoot := IncludeTrailingPathDelimiter(ExtractFilePath(paramStr(0)));
  Self.UniRoot := sUniRoot;
  Self.ExtRoot := sExtRoot;

2. Setting the port in the trial version does not work. Is this a trial limitation?

procedure TUniServerModule.UniGUIServerModuleCreate(Sender: TObject);
var
  INI : TMemINIFile;
  wPort : Word;
  sExtRoot, sUniRoot : String;
begin
  INI := TMemINIFile.Create( StringReplace( ParamStr(0), '.exe', '.ini', [rfReplaceAll, rfIgnoreCase] ) );
  wPort := INI.ReadInteger( 'CONFIG', 'PORT', 8077 );

Self.Port := wPort;

Regards

Stiaan

• Administrators

Well, trial edition is not intended for deployment to production environment. If you want to test it on your server then you must install the full trial package on your server too.

Let me emphasis that trial edition is for evaluation purpose only and for a limited time.

Hi Farshad

Thank you for the info. I do understand that the trial is ment for "trial" purposes only. As I would like to make people aware of UniGUI, I try to get a functional trial version running. So I just give the URL so that people can check it out.

So far it has been successful and people are amazed that Delphi now can "live" in a browser with amazing quality. UniGUI is by far the easiest and best web develppment tool in my opinion. Deployment is the only drawback, but one can overcome that easily. ;)

Regards

Stiaan

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi. i am using trial version now.

develop test project and running local is everythings ok. but standalone server install server windows server 2012. 

we cant call our url. 

this. 

http://localhost:8077/server is work correct running (ServercontrolpanelForm) is showing

but  http://localhost:8077/create exception 

Cannot connect to server on host 'localhost': No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Socket Error Code: 10061($274D)

How can i do ? is that a trial limitation or another problem