• Less than 200 USD
    • +200 USD
    • +300 USD
    • +400 USD
    • +500 USD
    • +750 USD
    • +1000 USD

4. PROHIBITED USES

You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications other than by including the Software or a portion thereof within Your Application. You may not redistribute the Software or Modifications as part of any Application that can be described as a development toolkit or library, an application builder, a website builder or any Application that is intended for use by software, application, or website developers or designers. You may not redistribute any part of the Software documentation. You may not change or remove the copyright notice from any of the files included in the Software or Modifications.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY YOU USE THE SOFTWARE FOR AN APPLICATION THAT IS INTENDED FOR SOFTWARE OR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES.

You are required to ensure that the Software is not reused by or with any applications other than those with which You distribute it as permitted herein. For example, if You install the Software on a customer’s server, that customer is not permitted to use the Software independently of Your Application, and must be informed as such.

http://www.sencha.com/legal/sencha-sdk-software-license-agreement

http://www.sencha.com/legal/license-overview

I am not a lawyer so please correct me if I haven't understood this properly....

Is Sencha saying that...

1. You need to buy a license to develop in UniGUI

AND

2. Your customer too needs to buy a license to use what you develop using UniGUI

Is that what they are saying?

Nirav

I am a Delphi Developer from Delphi 1. And before Clipper/DBase/Informix 4GL developer (I have used ORACLE 1.0 for PC, 1986).

Please ask yourself because DevExpress is used from Delphi developers, like other 3rd components...

It's easy. Because we can develope FASTER with a lot of POWERFUL options for the customers. We produce A LOT of applications... professional, not one for test or for play... we have no time for write (existing) components.

I ask the implementation of ExtJs features that already exists, like virtual scroll, etc.. for obtain perfect result.

CGdevtools for Intraweb, for example, exists for add features to Intraweb standard....

Stefano

Please note, I also started 1986, since 1990 with Unix/PC/Ingres and we develop also since Delphi 1 for the financal market, key projects for customers who manage up to over 1.000.000.000 €. So, not only you, also others did not get the time for "test and play".

And sorry, "developing components" is not "playing" - it's a chance to be better and win in the market. BTW, to extend components by existing - often not more than a few lines of code.

To my mind the thread should not drift down to a level "oh oh, 800 €, 1000 €, how expensive ! we can't pay" and on the other side "we will not be able to use unigui if not all features for our projects can be done by simple: click,click".

All of us will be able to save much money in development and Farshad shall be the only one to do the work for, providing a complete development tool with all features ? For "perfect results" - and that in advance ? Still not earning money ? - Please be patient; permanently ask for new features - that's really not fair to him (Sorry).

Isn't it time for an official release of unigui without more features, but "as it is" ?

• Upvote 3

2. Your customer too needs to buy a license to use what you develop using UniGUI

Is that what they are saying?

The magic word is " ...that customer is not permitted to use the Software independently of Your Application"

So, of course you need a ExtJS License to build a product and sell it - but you don't have to force your customers to buy a license, too!

(Unless they want to develop something with your delivered ExtJS distribution themselves...but that should not be your problem :-)

I´m happy with Unigui and Farshad is always outstanding to help and answer questions, he have give us great support without making money, now is our turn to help him,  I´m ready to pay the cost, I think that to pay between 750 and 1000 is quite reasonable.  

Sorry about my English.

Excellent Job Farshad.

• Upvote 3

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think something between 700$-1000$ it's correct. 

Anyway, i think UniGui has a lot of potential right now for the Delphi comunity. Developing real HTML/javascript Extjs and future ExtTouch from native pascal it's amazing. It breaks the actual walls of Embarcadero as they are not helping us much to have new good technologies. Honestly, i think Embarcadero should help Unigui.

But I think this project must become more professional (Documentation,support, more developers to speedup bug fixing). You have a hungry comunity that could help a litle bit more to your project in many ways (economically/technical/support/etc...) but needs to be organized somehow.

• 2 months later...

When I say "small developers" it can be for example freelancers. But of course you're right - in this case, $ 200 is not a significant. Personally, I'm willing to pay that price for the convenience of working with UniGUI.

Yes clearly Unigui will aid many that have better things to do than waste time developing a user interface for the web so think its good investment and considering its prepayment for the future purchase, I don't mind assisting at all.

Glen

• 5 weeks later...

i buy new delphi xe5 pro about $1500,, with many component available, so begin from $400 is enough for unigui

you must set different type customer so you have different price

- standard (standard comp)

- pro (with theme etc)

- premium (more)

• 3 weeks later...

i buy new delphi xe5 pro about $1500,, with many component available, so begin from $400 is enough for unigui

Some of us paid even more (depending on license type), but there is no component set or framework written for Delphi that is even close to unigui capability + it is very easy to use. Web development is one of the main reasons why Delphi lost his position on the market and a huge part of it's community. I agree that Embarcadero should support this project as it is in their best interest, but that is a different story. 

We know that unigui cannot cost less than 329$, which is a price of ExtJS license. I agree that paying 700$ to 1000$ is a fair price for a  commercial product. I don't mind paying that price as I expect immediate return of investment from the first unigui project.

I have only one suggestion that is maybe worth to consider. ExtJS has opensource license, but only if you are using it for opensource projects. Maybe unigui should have the same? This can help popularizing unigui framework. So my suggestion is two types of license

1) opensource license only for opensource projects

2) commercial license for commercial projects 

p.s.

Congratulations Farshad, you are doing a great job 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I don't see many people creating open-source projects using Delphi. Delphi itself is a commercial product and almost all people buy it to develop commercial apps.

I know this is old post, but I needed to reply:

1. there are lots of open source projects. Just look for it. Many are big ones and even complex. For example:

- mORMot: ORM framework for Delphi. Very complex and extremelly powerful. The Leader of the project is making a lot of money out of it with consulting. 

- DPF Native Android Components for FMX (there is of IOS also): a huge set of native components to be used on Android based on FMX (A lot more components than uniGUI)

- tiOPF: another ORM framework for Delphi, a lot of people using it

- CyComponents, many really great components actively updated

- Indy: you use on uniGUI it is Open Source!

- I could list many and many more, but just for take an idea.

2. Open source does not mean that you dont get money of it (see VirtueMart history for example)

3. The problem is "old thinking" that does not permit to change the model.

4. I am not against any mode, commercial or open source. The problem is when the progress is too slow. uniGUI is great and I am liking. But in more 2 years everything made in uniGUI will be considered OLD. IN th current progress how long will take to update it?

5. A mixed model could be create, there are companies doing that. MANY. Open source for the basic (entry level) and paid for more advanced stuff. The things is to bring more programmers to the community to help the project grow fast.

6. The concept of UNIGUI is now phasing out. Embarcadero is pushing Firemonkey. VCL will be around but it will each time more less interesting. To have an Uniqui GUI with a framework that is not the main focus of Embarcadero anymore not a good option for a project that remains in BETA.

7. UniGUI should go for Web ONLY! and create a way to share a common base for unit scoping like VCL and FMX before version 1. It is MUCH BETTER to have 2 forms created, one for UNIGUI other for Desktop (FMX/VCL).

8. Delphi RAD is basically WRONG !!! Let me explain: I use delphi since version 1. I used the RAD way, that uniGUI also advocate somehow. That was a BIG MISTAKE. We need to separate code from the Form. The Form should be isolate from the rest. Then we can recreate the form in different frameworks without breaking the business logic. this is MVP/MVC style, that the rest of the world is using.... UniGUI should follow this pattern, of course, can let the lazy to learn guys using the RAD style that will kill them someday....

9 New structures like LiveBinding should be considered. Much better (of couse now in XE5 after many bugs fixed) than VCL, because it permits doing more. For basic database connections is more complicated, but when learned you can do more.....

10 UNIGUI should keep attention to other web frameworks, and decouple from extjs. This is more difficult, and should be considered for the future, but put all the dices on the EXTJS not good. There are MANY java developers angry about how extJS is slow... and looking for alternatives. There are several FREE alternatives. UniGUI should be decoupled of the web framework, eventually creating its own. I dont like the Raudus way, but the only thing nice about it is that it has now its OWN web framework. But I do not advocate doing t hat, since there are many open source javascript framework.

11. Embarcadero still pushing that Intraweb trash because there is no real option for them. Embarcadero will not embrace EXTJS, because there is fees. If that change and UNIGUI turn to be WEB only and more directly compatible to FMX/VCL based on unit scoping I trully belive they will ask UniGUI to be part of the Delphi product, that is good for Farshad.

So, this is my point and only post this because I DO CONSIDER WITH GREAT KINDNESS THIS PRODUCT AND WHAT IT SUCCEED.

Eduardo Elias

• Upvote 1

@eelias

4 yes, uniGUI development is slow, we all are aware of that

7 uniGUI is WEB ONLY. I am not happy with that, but I understand the reasons why Farshad abandoned the VCL mode.

9 I am currently using LiveBindings with uniGUI.. no problem with that. 

10 the more you decouple from frameworks, the more you are "platform independent",  (chances are )the more you are buggy/featureless. Maybe uniGUI could ship in the future its web framework, when FMSoft is 10x larger than today. See WebFMX for comparison, they seem to be a BIG company (and their prices are huge, accordingly)

as a side note, I don't think that deriving uniGUI components from VCL or Firemokey can make much difference, since the features you see in web mode are entirely made from scratch using server side computation or javascript.

Nefasto

7. I used since beginning UniGUi as web only. I was aware it could be used for desktop (the reason of its name) and I was aware that Farshad could eventually change that. But I was not followin that change. I dont care about UNIGUI in Desktop. I think it is wrong doing both.

10. I understand you. But UniGUI needs to be something. Right now it is a wrapper around EXTJS and missing a lot of its features. UniGUI needs to get an clear identity. Is it going to keep extjs? so implement all of it at delphi side! No need to JS code injection at all. That will even permit on the future to change the extjs without breaking the delphi side code! Right now is a mess... part of the code is delphi, and part is JS injection. To solve that I have create my own set of components deriving from UNIGUI, to isolate my code from uniGUI, if some day I need to go to another framework I have decoupled from unigui, I will suffer less. All my JS injection is part of my components. I dont use it on my source.

"as a side note, I don't think that deriving uniGUI components from VCL or Firemokey can make much difference, since the features you see in web mode are entirely made from scratch using server side computation or javascript"

You right also, however delphi programmers understand better VCL, and ExTJS is basically a VCL. ExTJS is not a trully web concept. They tried to adapt the desktop to the web. Not sure that is correct way to go. 

On the IDE side there is a need to design the form, so at minimun you need to descend from TComponent and implement TPersistent. So at least you have a base common. So if you are going to keep ExTJS you have a lot of common with VCL/FMX, so why not inherit from the same base classes? (like it is today, but I advocate that it should have a way to use scoping)

• Administrators

I know this is old post, but I needed to reply:

Thanks for your input.

1. there are lots of open source projects. Just look for it. Many are big ones and even complex. For example:

- mORMot: ORM framework for Delphi. Very complex and extremelly powerful. The Leader of the project is making a lot of money out of it with consulting. 

- DPF Native Android Components for FMX (there is of IOS also): a huge set of native components to be used on Android based on FMX (A lot more components than uniGUI)

- tiOPF: another ORM framework for Delphi, a lot of people using it

- CyComponents, many really great components actively updated

- Indy: you use on uniGUI it is Open Source!

- I could list many and many more, but just for take an idea.

uniGUI is a click and compile form of visual library. I don't think developers will need much consulting to use uniGUI. Everyone with a fair knowledge of VCL can use it. Only people with fairly large projects may need consulting. Besides, Ext JS licensing model is not open to such approaches. If we publish uniGUI under say BSD license, you won't be able use it in your commercial projects, as Ext JS license terms would forbid it.

2. Open source does not mean that you dont get money of it (see VirtueMart history for example)

Selling licenses is the best option for us. Other options are too vague to be chosen as a business model.

3. The problem is "old thinking" that does not permit to change the model.

4. I am not against any mode, commercial or open source. The problem is when the progress is too slow. uniGUI is great and I am liking. But in more 2 years everything made in uniGUI will be considered OLD. IN th current progress how long will take to update it?

I don't believe in two years it will become old. Look at VCL, its fundamentals are almost unchanged since Delphi 1.0.

5. A mixed model could be create, there are companies doing that. MANY. Open source for the basic (entry level) and paid for more advanced stuff. The things is to bring more programmers to the community to help the project grow fast.

6. The concept of UNIGUI is now phasing out. Embarcadero is pushing Firemonkey. VCL will be around but it will each time more less interesting. To have an Uniqui GUI with a framework that is not the main focus of Embarcadero anymore not a good option for a project that remains in BETA.

Agreed.

7. UniGUI should go for Web ONLY! and create a way to share a common base for unit scoping like VCL and FMX before version 1. It is MUCH BETTER to have 2 forms created, one for UNIGUI other for Desktop (FMX/VCL).

Correct.

8. Delphi RAD is basically WRONG !!! Let me explain: I use delphi since version 1. I used the RAD way, that uniGUI also advocate somehow. That was a BIG MISTAKE. We need to separate code from the Form. The Form should be isolate from the rest. Then we can recreate the form in different frameworks without breaking the business logic. this is MVP/MVC style, that the rest of the world is using.... UniGUI should follow this pattern, of course, can let the lazy to learn guys using the RAD style that will kill them someday....

RAD may be wrong, but the fastest. That's what Delphi itself is designed for. As you said, Delphi developers are too lazy to adopt MVC patterns in all of their projects.

9 New structures like LiveBinding should be considered. Much better (of couse now in XE5 after many bugs fixed) than VCL, because it permits doing more. For basic database connections is more complicated, but when learned you can do more.....

10 UNIGUI should keep attention to other web frameworks, and decouple from extjs. This is more difficult, and should be considered for the future, but put all the dices on the EXTJS not good. There are MANY java developers angry about how extJS is slow... and looking for alternatives. There are several FREE alternatives. UniGUI should be decoupled of the web framework, eventually creating its own. I dont like the Raudus way, but the only thing nice about it is that it has now its OWN web framework. But I do not advocate doing t hat, since there are many open source javascript framework.

I had plans to create an abstract layer which could be coupled with more than one JS library, but in reality I found out that end-result will be worst of all worlds because JS libraries in the market have much less in common which would make it very difficult to achieve same functionality we already have in uniGUI.

Correct way it to master a JS library and get the best out of it

Besides, all those "free" libs can't provide even a fraction of what Ext JS already implemented. I'm not an Ext JS fan, but let me state the fact that currently there are no real alternatives to Ext JS, free or paid.

11. Embarcadero still pushing that Intraweb trash because there is no real option for them. Embarcadero will not embrace EXTJS, because there is fees. If that change and UNIGUI turn to be WEB only and more directly compatible to FMX/VCL based on unit scoping I trully belive they will ask UniGUI to be part of the Delphi product, that is good for Farshad.

So, this is my point and only post this because I DO CONSIDER WITH GREAT KINDNESS THIS PRODUCT AND WHAT IT SUCCEED.

Eduardo Elias

Selling licenses is the best option for us. Other options are too vague to be chosen as a business model.

Sure! I am not against any adopted model, I just care about the future of UniGUI, since I am each time more basing my projects in it. RIght now they are small projects, but at sometime they can get big and the future of the FMSoft is based on the model selected... Selling is a model used for ElevateSoft, TMS, DevExpress and they are doing well, follow their concept... 

But I see people asking for open source it, however I do not believe that ALL that are asking for that is going to be involved... It is just a way to get the source code and keep going and pay nothing. 

Keep the good work